• Whatever I give out is what I will get in return. A ‘win win’ mentality
• Everybody is unique and endlessly valuable
• To make mistakes is a part of learning and a very valuable lesson.
• PLAY. When both grown-ups and children play we release our creativity and energy.
• Flow, the now, presence and intuition is a part of our teaching methods.
• Everybody creates their own reality, which is very important to realize and at the same time understand how it can affect each other in a positive or negative way.
• We believe in learning by doing, passing on knowledge and trying out theory in praxis.
• Another belief is oneness – we are all connected with each other and nature and everything we do has an effect on each other.
• We practice self-respect and respect for each other. An example is that stop ALWAYS means stop.
Friendship groups and Council
The friendships groups will be the pillar of the schools structure, community and culture. Every student will be part of a friendships group and they will each morning and afternoon meet in a circle where they start and end the day together.
A group will contain 7-9 members in the same age range.
We will start the day with a practice of heart meditation and we will sit together and sing a morning song.
By sitting in a circle and using a talking stick the children will become successful at listening to each other and expressing themselves in an authentic, brave and honest way, straight from the heart.
They will get to know each other in ways that everyday life won’t necessarily present and this will help to build up an understanding for each other that will prevent a culture away from bullying and teasing.
It is important that all children get a good start to the day, where every child feels listened to and will get the chance to say a positive confirmation for the day; these are things we practice in the circle.
We do this to strengthen and focus awareness to help them create their own reality. We talk about the basic values of the school and what they mean to us in our everyday life. At the same time the friendship groups are a place where we touch many difficult subjects and invite all feelings to be a part of the talk, so that we can take care of them and resolve whatever needs resolving.
We focus on feeling loved and being able to receive love. In the circle we will also present what will happen in class that day so that every child’s expectations are matched and they feel ready to begin the day. It is in these groups that we create a good basis for a heart based friendship culture.
In the afternoon we will end the day in the groups where we will catch up on the day and do a bit of “clean up” if necessary. We say thank you and focus on good things that the child and other children have done that day, what you are proud of and what you have become better at. We will celebrate both mistakes and successes and look at both as being connected.
We say goodbye and shortly mention what is going to happen the following day.
Every Friday the groups will be mixed and there will be a common gathering where the whole school will participate.