Being a holistic school
We focus on nurturing the children mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally on an every day basis.
The just mentioned areas will be explained now since they are all very important themes which the school will keep on developing further and constantly attain more knowledge about.
• Mentally: Cognitive training using books, films/video clips, stories/myths, numbers, visualisations/imagery, mental training; “I can do it, I want to do it and I am going to do it” and positive thinking etc. The cognitive training is a person’s ability to understand, see and recognize coherence and situations.
• Physically: The body was created to move and when the body is still growing it is extra important to move. In the light of this physical activities will be a daily part of the teaching (curriculum) and every Monday – Thursday yoga is a part of the schedule. We want it to be fun to move and we focus on playing and a freedom in our movements. Hugging and giving each other massages releases endorphins and prevent bullying, which is why it will be part of the yoga practice, the friendships groups and in other types of teaching.
• Spiritually: Our essence is spiritually and eternal. When we feel nurtured on a spiritual level, seen for what we are and are in contact with a deeper self we get more strength, energy and happiness. Life will be more meaningful and we will feel connected with each other and all life that surrounds us. It gives us inner strength and strengthens our intuition and makes us loving, present, creative and intelligent human beings. At the school we will focus that every child will find their spirituality from within and furthermore the answers they seek. We will guide and inspire them without indoctrinating them with our own beliefs, but in stead inspire to make them feel and find their own beliefs.
• Emotionally: Our feelings are our basic inner compass for what we like and dislike which is why it is important that our children feel confidential with ALL of their emotions. All emotions are allowed, it is just about finding the most beneficial way to express them. Suppressed feelings are adverse and whenever we contradict them they will be even more exigent. Children have a natural way of expressing and letting go of their feelings again and moving on. It is this ability we want them to preserve. We learn and experience life through our emotions and no matter what we wish for the future the goal is attached to a feeling. This makes it an important task for us to also inspire and organize the day so that it contains emotional nurturing elements.
A sustainable school
At Vinge Littleschool we focus on sustainability on 3 levels;
• Sustainable nature: The children will learn how everything in nature is connected and is part of a bigger cycle. We will teach them about ecology, healthy living and how to grow vegetables and herbs. We weigh the importance of being outside as much as possible and will go on trips to the forest and the ocean. The school will also be built on sustainable principles.
• Social sustainability: We want to teach the children that we are a part of each other and our actions will affect us all. We learn and practice taking responsibility for individual and common actions to create a nice social community and society. The community will not be sustainable until everybody thrives and takes responsibility for themselves and gives to the community. We will train and develop the art of creating inner and outer peace. Every day we will train “peaceful communication,” learning how we can best settle conflicts as a natural part of the day and also as a subject on its own.
• Financial sustainability: The children will lean what creating a healthy and responsible financial situation means – both for themselves and also for each other, the school and the rest of the world. Words such as abundance, transparency, responsibility and ‘win win’ mentality will be used and we wont focus on ‘competitive mentality’ because in that case the value and knowledge wont always be passed on to everybody. Learning how to share and create is an important element, so that there will be enough for everybody and that ‘more develops into more’ is the kind of mentality that we wish to encourage. We want to create a school where the values we create become of use for many other people and at the same time will be a big gain for the school, financially.